We are so excited to introduce you to the second chance entrepreneurs participating in our Rise Up, Get Started Matching Grant program this year! Here’s a glimpse of our first hybrid meeting in February:
- Metzie M Edwards IV, Metzie Mosquito & More
- Shannon Mulford, Superior Window Cleaning LLC
- Justin Whitney, Midwestern Extreme Cleaning Services
- Jose Eamon Lugo, JRL Electrical
- Kelsey Stacker, Stackers Carpet Cleaning Services
- Ryan Meeks, Trailblazer Weatherization and Minor Home Repair LLC
- Cali Roberta, The SewPro Shop
- Richard Curtis, Curtis Handyman Service
- Rafiel & Raval Carney, Carney Brothers Contractors
- Jeffrey Ryder, Spotlight Media 360
- Kohler Jeffries, Olympus Property Management
- Leo Graham, LD Handyman Service
- Laurin Pruessner, Perfection Cleaning
- Derone Gipson, Smackout Demolition, LLC
- Troy Campbell, To a T Moving
- Tommie Fields, Handy Brothers LLC
- John Fuimaono, Fuimaono Construction
All of the entrepreneurs are already focused on their businesses part or full time. We meet as a community twice a month in our Be the Boss business support group for education and accountability. Every one is setting their big three business goals for the year, including professionalizing their services, building a strong administrative foundation, working toward bigger contracts, and making first hires!
Stay tuned, we’ll be introducing you to everyone throughout the year thanks to… our new Entrepreneur Community Coordinator! You know her, you love her, please help us welcome Diamond Fuse to the team! Diamond is still hard at work growing her business Bizzy Babies, and will also be working with us part time to help us strengthen our community! We asked Diamond a few quick get-to-know-you questions:
Why are you passionate about supporting second chance entrepreneurs? I am a second chance entrepreneur – what they are experiencing, I have experienced. I want to give all the knowledge and experience I have learned to them, with the goal of getting them to their goals quicker.
What have you learned as an entrepreneur that you are hoping to pass on to others? I have learned that marketing my business is the most important part of running my business. You have to get creative when finding that next customer.
Why do you want to play a part in helping grow the Determination, Incorporated community and mission? I believe that Determination, Incorporated is the next big thing for aiding second chancers. Everything that this organization stands for I support. I am looking forward to helping and seeing the growth that this organization will have.
We also want to give a big THANK YOU to our sponsors so far who have stepped up to make our 2022 Rise Up, Get Started Matching Grant Program possible! Thank you C2FO, Arvest Foundation, Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City, Village Church, Super Dispatch, Managed Energy Systems, Shook, Hardy & Bacon, Crema, Kansas City Chamber of Commerce, Central Presbyterian Church, & Patterson Sales.
… … …
Support second chance entrepreneurs by investing in Determination, Incorporated.
Sign up to receive second chance entrepreneur stories in your inbox in our High Five Thursday newsletter.
Determination, Incorporated is a 501C3 nonprofit in KCMO empowering formerly incarcerated people to seize employment and entrepreneurial opportunities in home building, home improvement, and affordable housing. To learn more, contact us here.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.